Study Information and Next Steps
You've reached this page! This means that you've completed the sign up process and are about to begin your experiment.
- Over the next 18 days, you'll be performing the activity you chose to find out if it improves your stress, focus, happiness or energy levels. Let's assume you and trying exercise. Then:
- 9 of those days will be "Activity Days", i.e., you will be asked to do exercise
- The other 9 days will be "Rest Days", i.e., you will be asked to stick to your usual routine.... no exercise.
- The order of activity and rest days will be random. Having both, rest days and activity days will let us systematically evaluate whether ADDING exercise to your life impacted your well-being!
- We will send you an SMS/email every day informing you of that day's assignment.
- For all 18 days, you'll complete a quick 1-minute survey to track your well-being (we'll send a link via SMS/email).
- The phone number you will receive daily prompts is: +1 (415)-723-2659 Please add it to your contacts so you know it's us! :)
- Your experiment will start tomorrow, or day after tomorrow, depending on what you selected when you signed up.
- Blocking websites/apps on your phone may require some effort, so we suggest spending some time right now in making a plan for how you will achieve that when in the experiment. Go to this page for instructions as well as some tips for blocking digital distractions: Unplug instructions and tips
- It's important that you perform the activity only on days you are assigned to, and also complete the daily survey so we have enough data to analyze.
- Once your experiment ends and provided we have enough data, we will share your results with you! This will be the format the results will be in:
In case you have any questions, feel free to contact Sayali Phatak at firstname.lastname@example.org, OR at 650-273-0788